With the situation continually changing, the Ministry of Health is releasing guidelines for industry to ensure that any risk to staff remains low. We are keeping up-to-date with Covid-related science-based research and recommendations from around the world. Our experience will be useful to those industries who are working through this lockdown period. We are working from home but can help with:
- Carrying out risk assessments
- Recommending and reviewing controls (including PPE)
- Reviewing procedures
For those companies with staff working from home, we cannot stress enough that these people need to be set up correctly to prevent any injury, either now or long term. A simple ergonomic assessment can help to identify potential problems and correct them before injury can occur. Our ergonomics team can assist remotely.
Don’t hesitate to check in with our team to discuss any ways we could help you during this challenging time. We will keep updating this page of our website as and when new developments in our field come up. In the meantime, we have listed some useful links below for those looking for resources.
The following links cover some of the common concerns that have arisen as a result of COVID-19 and the ways people can address them.
- Respirators This is an infographic that details some of the most important considerations around the proper use of respirators.
- Cleaning, disinfection and sanitisation An article in the IOSH magazine that covers terminology and what to do around cleaning when returning to a workplace.
- Indoor Air Quality A short document on considerations for HVAC systems during extended periods of vacancy to ensure that people return to safe and healthy buildings, free of mould growth and possible stagnant water issues.
- Ergonomics It is important to consider how people are set up to work at home because strain injuries still need to be appropriately dealt with. This links to an easy to use checklist from the Health and Safety Executive.